Translate

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Google will shut down My Tracks on April 30

Google is set to shut down the company's own fitness tracking app My Tracks, which originally launched back in 2009. Much like various fitness apps on the market, My Tracks is responsible for tracking speed, distance travelled, as well as elevation while the user walks, cycles or runs. From April 30, My Tracks will no longer be available.

Here's the official announcement from the My Tracks support website:

"After April 30, 2016, My Tracks will no longer be available. We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause My Tracks users. We've made the tough decision to invest our efforts into other, more wide-reaching, mapping projects"

Luckily, for those who relied on the app, there are alternatives available including Google Fit as well as various third-party solutions like Endomondo. Interestingly, the app being pulled will mean only a select few apps remain available (including RunKeeper) for Sony's Smartwatch 3 that makes use of the on-board GPS.

As noted already, Google will pull My Tracks on April 30. Be sure to check out the support site for more details on exporting your data.

Source: Google, via: Ausdroid












from Android Central - Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/1nqaDvS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment