Translate

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The best virtual reality apps for meditation

“Om” your way through life with the help of these meditation apps.

There’s no hippie mumbo jumbo here. Meditation is often encouraged by medical professionals as a way to decompress when life might be moving too quickly for you to catch up. On a physical level, meditation can be particularly helpful with lowering blood pressure, reducing anxiety attacks, helping insomnia, increasing serotonin production, and simply gaining clarity and peace of mind.

I’ve personally reaped the benefits of consistent meditation throughout my life. I practice yoga, so meditation is a part of it, but sometimes I don’t have the room or the time to get into a physical flow. So what do I do? I pop on a pair of headphones and the Daydream View to get going. I’ve found this method to be particularly effective in helping me drown out the noise around me, whether that’s my inner voice crowding around everything else I’m worrying about, or the cat yowling for a bowl of food. Virtual reality has helped me efficiently reach that state of “nothingness.” Here are some of the apps that I’ve found to be particularly effective in aiding my own meditative practice.

Read more at VR Heads!

from Android Central – Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/2ioCxao
via IFTTT

http://ift.tt/2hzPYm2


No comments:

Post a Comment