Translate

Friday, January 30, 2015

Using Nest long term: Hands-off is a good thing






Nest Thermostat is the smartest connected home gadget I own, but it's far from perfect


"What do you think of that thing?"


We're all used to being asked about the smartphone in our hands. Someone on the train on in a coffee shop notices something unique about your tech and leans over to see what it does that made you pick one up. It was strange at first to have the question asked of a thermostat, especially since I've been trying to get my friends and family excited about connected home tech for well over a year now. Since installing the Nest Thermostat I've had this question asked nearly a dozen times, and the most curious thing about the question is often the reaction to my answer. See, I don't think about it. I notice it when I walk by it and the center screen lights, awaiting my input, but about a month ago I realized that I stopped thinking about the temperature of my house entirely, and after a little research I realized it was entirely because of the Nest Thermostat.























from Android Central - Android Forums - News - Reviews - Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/1zGx5Wj

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment